Maya - Defeats

“You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.”

Friday, March 14, 2014

And So It Begins

It began as a wee child.... lol... j/k.


WELCOME!!

I am the type of person that loves to jump into things once to test the waters and decide what are all the tools that I need in order to best serve my clients. I did that many years ago, and my life has been about the process of doing so by building up the fan base on my "Domestic Violence Voices" facebook page, creating a following and a demand for my radio show called "Beyond Words Live!" I have had many friends and strangers that I have worked with in a variety of capacities throughout the years (and I hope that they will also feel compelled to write their testimony on the testimony page). In opening my doors with Together We Heal, I decided that it was high time that I pulled it together formally to a site where folks can also appreciate my bigger picture that I have been working towards.

What I do here is totally voluntary because I love helping my fellow friends and survivors to move forward with their struggles. I will be adding a DONATE button so that folks can contribute voluntarily and at their will to help me pay for the costs associated with running sites, radio shows, and the like.


Feel free to check back often. Bookmark this page so you can come back often. Subscribe so that you can be notified of the new posts.


Feel free to also share this page with as many others that you feel could benefit from my life coaching.


Welcome to my mission in life to help you and others.


Basically, about me:

Kathryn is an advocate and life coach for the victims/survivors/thrivers of gender violence and sexual assault for more than 2-3 decades. Besides being a survivor herself, she possesses a Criminal Justice Degree and Paralegal Certificate. She has dedicated her life to changing lives and has volunteered for 5 years as a CASA advocate, 3 years as a Guardian Ad Litem, 5 years as a Family Eldercare Advocate, 5 years a Victim's Advocate in a police setting and Sexual Asssault Victim Advocate, 8 years in crisis advocate hotlines, etc. Writing books has been her side passion while she volunteers as a radio show host for survivors to tell their own story in their own words. A life journey is one that is created not entirely based upon what has defined you in the past, but what you do to reframe your past experiences such that you can move forward with some guidance and some tools to live your life feeling great worthiness and an active role model in today's society. With some emotional support and guidance, Kathryn believes in coaching others to help heal towards a newer self.


Radio Show:

Beyond Words Live! (a platform designed for a survivor to share their story in their own words)
http://blogtalkradio.com/oralhistory


Advocacy:

Domestic Violence Voices
http://facebook.com/DomesticViolenceVoices

Social Justice
http://facebook.com/KrastinSocialJustice


Author:

Domestic Violence Voices: Choices (2013)
http://www.fastpencil.com/publications/6316-Domestic-Violence-Voices

No comments:

Post a Comment